Who says you can't make a hearty dinner when you're racing against the clock? Not Marilyn Monroe of Erie, Michigan. Her unique combination of peach preserves and salsa makes this a heartwarming main dish your family will ask for time and time again.
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/8- to 1/4-inch slices
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute pork in oil for 4 minutes. Add garlic; cook
- and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in salsa and preserves; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until meat is
- no longer pink. Serve over rice. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (5 ounces) equals 252 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 574 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now