Peachy Pork with Rice Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, place pork in a large bowl; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with taco seasoning; toss to coat.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in salsa and preserves; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup pork mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 387 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 540 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.