Peachy Pork with Rice
Peach preserves sweeten the spicy salsa in this delicious dish that’s nice enough for company. Adjust the heat level to taste by using mild or spicy salsa and seasoning. —MELISSA MOLAISON, HAWKINSVILLE, GEORGIA
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, place pork in a
- large bowl; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with taco seasoning; toss to
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork for
- 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in salsa and preserves;
- heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup pork mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 387 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 540 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now