- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, place pork in a large bowl; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with taco seasoning; toss to coat.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add pork; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in salsa and preserves; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Peachy Pork with Rice
"Super easy to cook after work but not overly flavorful"
"A really good easy recipe for a quick fix. I didn't have any taco seasoning so I left it out and increased the peach preserves to about 1/4 cup. It was yummy! It was really good with the accompanying recipe, seasoned green beans.(Simple and Delicious, August/September 2015, page 26)"
"Flavorful and easy."
"This dish was very easy to make and had good flavor. The sauce wasn't exactly what we expected. I was hoping for a sweeter sauce (more peach flavor) while my husband wanted a spicier sauce. I think next time I will make a sweeter sauce for me and use a spicier salsa for him. Otherwise it was great! We also served with cooked quinoa instead of rice."
"Simplicity itself...this is a delicious dish. I cut it in half to serve 3 people, using 8 oz. of pork and it was enough. Loved it."