Peachy Pork with Rice Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, place pork in a large bowl; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with taco seasoning; toss to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in salsa and preserves; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peachy Pork with Rice(4)
Sort By :
Simplicity itself...this is a delicious dish. I cut it in half to serve 3 people, using 8 oz. of pork and it was enough. Loved it.
This was delicious, fast, and easy. Prefect satisfying meal on a busy weeknight.
This one was a good one too. I made it per recipe as always the first time I try a new one. Next time will add a few ingredients to it.
Great quick recipe. The salsa makes it look like you chopped vegetables! I added an onion and cooked it with the pork and used apricot preserves. I used a homemade taco seasoning that is fine with beef but it must "absorb" differently with the pork tenderloin because it was much spicier for comparable proportions.
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >