Peachy Pork Steaks
My mom has been preparing this pork dish for years. She always found it a surefire way to get picky children to eat meat. No one can refuse these succulent steaks!
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 4 pork blade steaks (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches in syrup, undrained
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown pork in oil; sprinkle with the basil, salt
- and pepper. Drain peaches, reserving syrup. Place peaches in a 5-qt.
- slow cooker; top with pork. In a small bowl, combine the syrup,
- vinegar and bouillon; pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook 4
- hours longer or until meat is tender. Remove pork and peaches to a
- serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid; place liquid in a small saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking
- liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until