These meaty ribs are great picnic fare. First bake them to make them tender, then simply finish them off on the grill with a fruity basting sauce.—Tom Arnold, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2 racks pork baby back ribs (4 pounds), cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 medium ripe peaches, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place ribs in a shallow roasting pan; add water. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, place peaches in a blender; cover and process until blended. In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the lemon juice, orange juice concentrate, brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and peach puree; heat through.
- Drain ribs. Spoon some of the sauce over ribs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally and brushing with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Pork Ribs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p229
Reviews for Peachy Pork Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review