Peachy Pork Chops Recipe
Pork and peaches team for a palate-pleasing combination in this hearty main dish. The sweet peaches dot the stuffing and make an appealing golden glaze. Even the pickiest eaters will love these tempting stuffed chops. -Brenda DuFresne, Midland, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups day-old cubed bread
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 boneless pork chops (1-1/4 inches thick and 4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender; transfer to a large bowl. Add the bread, poultry seasoning, sage and pepper. Fold in the peaches. Combine the eggs, water and parsley; add to bread mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Cut a large pocket in the side of each pork chop; spoon stuffing loosely into pockets. Tie with string to secure stuffing if necessary. Brush chops with oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- 3. In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides. Place the remaining stuffing in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chops. Spoon preserves over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. If string was used, remove before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC