Peachy Pork Chops Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups day-old cubed bread
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 boneless pork chops (1-1/4 inches thick and 4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender; transfer to a large bowl. Add the bread, poultry seasoning, sage and pepper. Fold in the peaches. Combine the eggs, water and parsley; add to bread mixture; toss to coat.
- Cut a large pocket in the side of each pork chop; spoon stuffing loosely into pockets. Tie with string to secure stuffing if necessary. Brush chops with oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides. Place the remaining stuffing in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chops. Spoon preserves over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. If string was used, remove before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Peachy Pork Chops
Sort By :
"The pork chops were so juicy and tender. Great combination of flavors!"
"This has to be the worst recipe I have ever made from a A Taste of Home. The spices don't jell. Horrible taste."
"My daughter raved about this recipe when I made it! Now that she has her own apt, I copied it for her to make herself. I did use the soft bread cubes available Nov thru Dec and increased the peaches to a 15-16 oz can. I drained the peach juice into a measuring cup to = 1 cup (add water if you need to) instead of using just plain water. Also, I like to brown the chops before cutting the pockets, so you don't have to worry about the stuffing falling out. Great recipe for a special meal."