Peachy Pork Recipe
Who says you can't make a hearty dinner when you're racing against the clock? Not Marilyn Monroe of Erie, Michigan. Her unique combination of peach preserves and salsa makes this a heartwarming main dish your family will ask for time and time again.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/8- to 1/4-inch slices
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute pork in oil for 4 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in salsa and preserves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve over rice. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Pork in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Peachy Pork(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >