Peachy Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
I discovered this recipe several years ago and have made it many times since. You might be surprised that the "secret ingredient" is peach baby food— it makes these tasty muffins moist. My family loves them.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (6 ounces) peach baby food
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with baby food. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC