I discovered this recipe several years ago and have made it many times since. You might be surprised that the "secret ingredient" is peach baby food— it makes these tasty muffins moist. My family loves them.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (6 ounces) peach baby food
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with baby food. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Peachy Poppy Seed Muffins in Country June/July 1998, p51
Reviews for Peachy Poppy Seed Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review