- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (6 ounces) peach baby food
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with baby food. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Peachy Poppy Seed Muffins
"Have made these for a long time. Today I didn't have baby food peaches, so pureed 3/4 cup of canned sliced peaches, also used 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup Stevia, added a tiny bit more baking soda (as suggested on Stevia package). They are wonderful. I'll keep on mking them this way."
"I added some baking powder like another user suggested but when I used my mini muffin tin, they came out not so great :( If I try them again I will make reg. sized muffins or maybe even small loaf of bread."
"I haven't made this recipe but read review of "plugginalong" about the tops went flat. That is because there is no baking powder in the muffin. They raised and then spread because of all of the baking soda, like when you make cookies, they raise up and then flatten because of the absence of baking powder. Make again and add a 1/2 tsp. of powder or reverse it and add 1 tsp. of baking powder and 1/2 tsp. of baking soda. That should improve the results."
"I enjoyed the flavor but was disappointed when i put them into mini muffin tins and they came out flat on top. I'm thinking maybe I filled them too full. I made some in muffin tops and they turned out great. I'll make this one again because the flavor was good- I'll just use regular sized muffin tins."
"These muffins are delicious, melt in your mouth. My son made entered them in the fair and won first place."