Peachy Phyllo Packets Recipe
Flaky layers of pastry surround a warm, spiced filling of fresh peaches and raisins. “Everyone loves these. They’re so good and quick to make,” says Agnes Ward of Stratford, Ontario.
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the peaches, raisins, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, tapioca, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and ginger; let stand for 10 minutes. In another small bowl, combine bread crumbs with the remaining brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 2. Spray one sheet of phyllo dough with butter-flavored spray. Sprinkle with 1-1/4 teaspoons bread crumb mixture. Cover with a second sheet of phyllo. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- 3. Fold stack in half widthwise; spray with butter-flavored spray. Spoon 1/3 cup filling onto phyllo about 2 in. from the bottom edge. Fold sides and bottom edge over filling and roll up. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat.
- 4. Spray packets with butter-flavored spray. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 141 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Peachy Phyllo Packets
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC