Peachy Pecan Salad
You'll only need a total of six ingredients—three for the refreshing citrus dressing and three for the colorful salad. You can replace the pecans in the salad with walnuts or almonds to better suit your tastes.—Elissa Armbruster, Medford, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup peach yogurt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Divide the salad greens, oranges and pecans among four individual
- salad plates. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, mayonnaise and
- vinegar; drizzle over salads. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 cups salad with 3 tablespoons dressing) equals 169 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 reduced-fat milk.