Peachy Pecan Bread Recipe
This hearty sweet bread hits the spot any time of day. Not only does it bring a little fruit to your diet, it also packs 7 g of fiber per serving. Kathy Fleming - Lisle, Illinois
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup uncooked oat bran cereal
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried peaches or apricots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the water, orange juice, egg substitute, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peaches and pecans.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice equals 200 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Peachy Pecan Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC