- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup uncooked oat bran cereal
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup dried peaches or apricots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the water, orange juice, egg substitute, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peaches and pecans.
- Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Peachy Pecan Bread in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p46
Reviews for Peachy Pecan Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 11, 2010
"bread tastes like chocolate chip cookies. i'm going to try omiting the peaches and adding some chocolate chips!"