- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup uncooked oat bran cereal
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried peaches or apricots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the water, orange juice, egg substitute, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in peaches and pecans.
- Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Peachy Pecan Bread in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p46
Reviews for Peachy Pecan Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 11, 2010
"bread tastes like chocolate chip cookies. i'm going to try omiting the peaches and adding some chocolate chips!"