Peachy Peach Bread
I've been cooking and baking since I was 6 years old and have become an avid recipe collector. This fruity bread is an appetizing addition to breakfast or brunch.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Peach preserves
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and
- salt. Drain peaches, reserving 1/4 cup syrup. Finely chop 1 cup of
- peaches; set aside. Place remaining peaches and reserved syrup in a
- blender or food processor; add eggs and butter. Cover and process
- until smooth. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the pecans and chopped peaches.
- Spoon into two greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at
- 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve
- with peach preserves. Yield: 2 mini loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 324 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium,