I've been cooking and baking since I was 6 years old and have become an avid recipe collector. This fruity bread is an appetizing addition to breakfast or brunch.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Peach preserves
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Drain peaches, reserving 1/4 cup syrup. Finely chop 1 cup of peaches; set aside. Place remaining peaches and reserved syrup in a blender or food processor; add eggs and butter. Cover and process until smooth. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pecans and chopped peaches.
- Spoon into two greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve with peach preserves. Yield: 2 mini loaves.
Originally published as Peachy Peach Bread in Best of Country Breads 2000, p33
Reviews for Peachy Peach Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review