Peachy Orange Sauce for Ham
My mother and father made enough of this sauce to serve 250 people at my wedding! Shortly after, my dad gave me my own copy of the recipe. Holiday ham just isn't the same without this fruity sauce.
—Vivian Nelson, Lloydminster, Saskatchewan
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (28 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Drain peaches, reserving 1-1/2 cups syrup; set syrup and peaches
- aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, mustard,
- seasoned salt and paprika. Stir in the water, orange juice, vinegar
- and reserved syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened. Add peaches. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Serve with ham.
- Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 80 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.