Peachy-Orange Glazed Carrots
These beautifully glazed baby carrots from Nella Parker in Hersey, Michigan are dressed up enough for any holiday feast. The family will savor their fresh peachy-orange flavor and you’ll go for the easy one-skillet preparation.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons peach jam or preserves
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a saucepan, bring carrots and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir in the
- jam, orange peel, mustard and thyme; cook and stir until glazed and
- heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 80 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.