A bushel of peaches gave me a reason to create a wine cocktail. I meant to serve it with our meal, but we “taste-tested” it while grilling. —Katie Ferrier Gage, Houston, Texas
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 large piece fresh gingerroot (about 3 inches), peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 2 medium ripe peaches, peeled and halved
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) white wine, chilled
- Ice cubes
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups chilled ginger ale
- Fresh mint leaves and peach slices, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water and ginger; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Cool completely. Pour syrup through a strainer into a covered container; discard ginger.
- Place liqueur and 1/4 cup ginger syrup in a blender. (Cover and refrigerate remaining syrup for another use.) Add peaches; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a 2-qt. pitcher; stir in wine. Serve over ice, topping with ginger ale. If desired, serve with mint and peach slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Keen Wine Cocktail in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p207
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Peachy Keen Wine Cocktail
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review