Peachy Ham Slice Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1 ham slice (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup syrup; set aside. In a large skillet, brown ham on both sides in butter over medium heat. Remove ham to a platter and keep warm, reserving drippings in skillet.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg. Add orange juice, lemon juice and reserved peach syrup; stir until smooth. Add to drippings in skillet. Cook and stir until thickened.
- 3. Stir in peaches and heat through. Add ham slice and heat for 2-3 minutes. Cut into serving-size pieces. Serve over rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 281 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,475 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Peachy Ham Slice
"It was very good! Next time I won't use the butter, it wasn't needed so the sauce was thin. The flavor of the juices with the nutmeg was really yummy!"