- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1 ham slice (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup syrup; set aside. In a large skillet, brown ham on both sides in butter over medium heat. Remove ham to a platter and keep warm, reserving drippings in skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg. Add orange juice, lemon juice and reserved peach syrup; stir until smooth. Add to drippings in skillet. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Stir in peaches and heat through. Add ham slice and heat for 2-3 minutes. Cut into serving-size pieces. Serve over rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Ham Slice in Country Woman March/April 1994, p35
Reviews for Peachy Ham Slice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2013
"It was very good! Next time I won't use the butter, it wasn't needed so the sauce was thin. The flavor of the juices with the nutmeg was really yummy!"