Peachy Green Beans
Apricot preserves lend a sweet flavor to tender green beans, while cayenne pepper gives this side a slight kick. Lisa Ruehlow of Blaine, Minnesota shares the recipe.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in.
- of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine preserves and cayenne. Cook,
- uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until preserves are melted.
- Transfer beans to a serving bowl; add peach mixture and toss to
- coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 106 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.