Peachy Green Beans Recipe
Apricot preserves lend a sweet flavor to tender green beans, while cayenne pepper gives this side a slight kick. Lisa Ruehlow of Blaine, Minnesota shares the recipe.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine preserves and cayenne. Cook, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until preserves are melted. Transfer beans to a serving bowl; add peach mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Green Beans in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p31
Reviews for Peachy Green Beans(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2011
I made this with my home made brandy peach conserve and it was delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Valentine's Day Recipes >