- grease the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugars,
- beating until mixture is thickened. Beat in the water, butter,
- molasses and vanilla. Combine the flour, pie spice, cinnamon, baking
- powder, baking soda and salt; fold into egg mixture. Spread batter
- into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when
- lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel
- dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll
- up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, preserves,
- ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth. Unroll cake; spread
- filling over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place
- seam side down on a serving platter. Dust with confectioners' sugar
- and garnish with sliced peaches if desired.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without peaches) equals 425 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.