Peachy Gingerbread Cake Roll Recipe
"My father loved gingerbread so I combined two or three recipes to create this one for him. This yummy version of a Cake Roll gets kudos every time I serve it." –Dawn DePew, Blacklick, Ohio
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 3 packages (two 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups peach preserves
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Confectioners' sugar and sliced peaches, optional
- 1. Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugars, beating until mixture is thickened. Beat in the water, butter, molasses and vanilla. Combine the flour, pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; fold into egg mixture. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4. For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, preserves, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth. Unroll cake; spread filling over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Dust with confectioners' sugar and garnish with sliced peaches if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice (calculated without peaches) equals 425 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC