- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 3 packages (two 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups peach preserves
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Confectioners' sugar and sliced peaches, optional
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugars, beating until mixture is thickened. Beat in the water, butter, molasses and vanilla. Combine the flour, pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; fold into egg mixture. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, preserves, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth. Unroll cake; spread filling over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Dust with confectioners' sugar and garnish with sliced peaches if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Peachy Gingerbread Cake Roll
Sort By :
"I make a pumpkin roll every year and my family loves it. Saw this recipe and made it tonight for something different. I was great, however, I had the same problem with the filling, to much and falling out. Next time I will cut back on one package of cream cheese."
"This roll tastes wonderful! I followed the recipe to the T. As I was making the peach spread i was thinking "Wow, this is alot of filling"....which then proceeded to oooze out the sides as I was rolling it up. HMMM...did anyone else have any trouble?I will for sure make it again but maybe cut back on the filling. Thank you for the nice new recipe!"
"My whole family enjoyed this for Christmas. i did leave out the peaches cuz i wasnt sure how they would go for that, but they loved it and we decided we liked it better after it had chilled in the fridge for awhile."
"Very tasty; everyone enjoyed the combination of flavors and my husband has asked for this again."
"I'm about to make this for Christmas along with a bunch of other goodies. Does it need to be refrigerated due to the cream cheese?"