Peachy Gingerbread Cake Roll Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 3 packages (two 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups peach preserves
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Confectioners' sugar and sliced peaches, optional
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugars, beating until mixture is thickened. Beat in the water, butter, molasses and vanilla. Combine the flour, pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; fold into egg mixture. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, preserves, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth. Unroll cake; spread filling over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Dust with confectioners' sugar and garnish with sliced peaches if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Peachy Gingerbread Cake Roll(5)
Sort By :
I make a pumpkin roll every year and my family loves it. Saw this recipe and made it tonight for something different. I was great, however, I had the same problem with the filling, to much and falling out. Next time I will cut back on one package of cream cheese.
This roll tastes wonderful! I followed the recipe to the T. As I was making the peach spread i was thinking "Wow, this is alot of filling"....which then proceeded to oooze out the sides as I was rolling it up. HMMM...did anyone else have any trouble?
I will for sure make it again but maybe cut back on the filling. Thank you for the nice new recipe!
My whole family enjoyed this for Christmas. i did leave out the peaches cuz i wasnt sure how they would go for that, but they loved it and we decided we liked it better after it had chilled in the fridge for awhile.
Very tasty; everyone enjoyed the combination of flavors and my husband has asked for this again.
I'm about to make this for Christmas along with a bunch of other goodies. Does it need to be refrigerated due to the cream cheese?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- New Year's Desserts >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Peach Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >