Peachy Ginger Pork
Sliced peaches and red pepper strips add pretty color to these quick-to-fix pork slices, while a hint of Dijon mustard and gingerroot perks up the slightly sweet sauce. Terri Glauser of Appleton, Wisconsin shares the recipe.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup canned sliced peaches in extra-light syrup
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup peach spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Flatten pork to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In
- a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute pork in
- oil in batches until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute red pepper and peaches until red pepper is
- tender. Add the broth, spreadable fruit, mustard and ginger. Cook
- and stir over medium heat for 4 minutes. Return pork to the pan.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until heated through. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 236 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,