Peachy Dessert Sauce
WE LOVE this pretty peach sauce over ice cream and also served on angel food cake. It's delicious.
I've always clipped recipes that catch my eye, and this one proved to be a real winner. —Helene Belanger
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam or preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh or canned peaches
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, mix cornstarch and water. Add the jam, lemon
- juice and sugar; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes;
- reduce heat. Add peaches and heat through. Serve warm over ice
- cream. Yield: 3/4 cup.