- 1-3/4 pounds ripe peaches, peeled and chopped (about 5 medium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Additional fresh mint leaves, optional
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine peaches, sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in mint, lemon peel and lemon juice. Mash peach mixture to desired consistency. Cool slightly.
- Brush both sides of crust with butter. Place crust on greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Remove from grill. Top grilled side with peach mixture. Return to grill; cook, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until crust is heated through. If desired, sprinkle with additional mint leaves. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Dessert Pizza in Grill It Bookazine 2016, pn
Reviews for Peachy Dessert Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review