Peachy Cuban Panini
These toasted panini are filled with sweet and zesty flavors--fruit preserves, mustard, cheese, pickles, ham and roast pork. It's a Cuban sandwich you'll want to repeat again and again.
4 ServingsPrep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 10 min Ready In Time: 30 min
- 1 loaf crusty French bread (12 oz.) or 4 (2 oz.) sausage rolls
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Orchard's Finest™ Coastal Valley Peach Apricot Preserves or 1/3 cup Smucker's® Peach Preserves
- Prepared yellow mustard
- 8 slices Jarlsberg Swiss Cheese, cut in half
- Dill pickle chips, drained (about 32 slices)
- 8 oz. thinly sliced deli roast pork
- 8 oz. thinly sliced Black Forest or smoked ham
- Crisco® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Slice bread horizontally; lay open. Spread top with preserves. Spread
- mustard over bottom. Arrange a layer of cheese and pickles over both
- sides of bread. On bottom of bread, layer pork and ham slices.
- Bring the bread together. Cut crosswise into 4 sandwiches.
- Heat panini maker or sandwich press on medium heat. Spray bread with
- no-stick cooking spray. Cook sandwich until the cheese is melted and
- the meat is warmed through. Slice each sandwich in half diagonally
- and serve. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: Calories 687, Total Fat 25g, Saturated Fat 12.9g, Cholesterol 113mg, Sodium 2953mg, Total Carbohydrate 68.3g, Dietary Fiber 2.8g, Protein 48.5g, Vitamin A 13%DV, Vitamin C 2%DV, Calcium 62%DV, Iron 51%DV