Peachy Cookies Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened instant tea
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Mint leaves and additional apricot preserves
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, milk and vanilla until blended. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually beat into egg mixture.
- 2. Roll into 3/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 325° for 13-15 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks.
- 3. While cookies are warm, use a sharp knife and small spoon to cut and scoop out about 1/2 teaspoon crumbs from the bottom of each cookie; set crumbs aside (about 1-1/2 cups) for filling. Cool cookies completely.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients; stir in reserved crumbs. Spoon into two cookies; spread a thin amount of filling on cookie bottoms and press together to form a peach. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
- 5. In a shallow bowl, combine one package each of lemon and orange gelatin powder. Place one package of strawberry gelatin powder in another bowl. Place sugar in a third bowl.
- 6. Working with one cookie at a time, spritz cookie with water. Dip in lemon gelatin mixture, then in strawberry gelatin and then in sugar; spritz with additional water and add more gelatin as needed to create desired peach blush effect. Place on a wire rack to dry for 1 hour.
- 7. Repeat with remaining cookies and packages of gelatin. Attach mint leaves to the top of each cookie with additional preserves. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie (calculated without additional preserves) equals 174 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.