Peachy Cinnamon Rice Pudding Recipe
“This delicious variation on a classic has become a family favorite,” relates Shanna Webb of Ridgecrest, California. “Anyone who loves the warm comfort of rice pudding will love this recipe.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:4 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup peach or apricot spreadable fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a saucepan, bring the water, rice, butter and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender (some of the liquid will not be absorbed).
- 2. Drain peaches, reserving 1/3 cup juice; set peaches aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, milk and reserved juice until smooth. Gradually stir into rice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in spreadable fruit and cinnamon until fruit is melted. Cool to room temperature. Chop peaches; stir into rice mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup equals 195 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC