Peachy Cinnamon Rice Pudding
“This delicious variation on a classic has become a family favorite,” relates Shanna Webb of Ridgecrest, California. “Anyone who loves the warm comfort of rice pudding will love this recipe.”
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup peach or apricot spreadable fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, bring the water, rice, butter and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is
- tender (some of the liquid will not be absorbed).
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/3 cup juice; set peaches aside. In a small
- bowl, combine the cornstarch, milk and reserved juice until smooth.
- Gradually stir into rice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in spreadable fruit and cinnamon until
- fruit is melted. Cool to room temperature. Chop peaches; stir into
- rice mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 195 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium,