- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup peach or apricot spreadable fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, bring the water, rice, butter and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender (some of the liquid will not be absorbed).
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/3 cup juice; set peaches aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, milk and reserved juice until smooth. Gradually stir into rice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in spreadable fruit and cinnamon until fruit is melted. Cool to room temperature. Chop peaches; stir into rice mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Cinnamon Rice Pudding in Light & Tasty October 2005, p59
Reviews for Peachy Cinnamon Rice Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Homemade Pudding Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >