Peachy Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil and butter; remove and keep warm. Stir in the peaches with juice, brown sugar, orange juice and soup mix to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; return chicken to the pan.
- 2. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Peachy Chicken
"Pretty good. The smells came off a little too strong of onion so I was worried about the taste, but thankfully the smell didn't reflect the taste."
"I love this recipe! So glad I found it here since the page it's on in the magazine is so sticky and dirty due to the numerous times I've made it. Me and my whole family love this chicken!"
"Loved this recipe. I would double the sauce next time though."
"Just tried this recipe tonight. It was great! Even my super-picky husband told me to make it again! Only negative thing: we were all wanting more sauce and peaches. So I'll try doubling the amount of peaches and sauce ingredients next time."
"This was delicious. I served it with the Bacon Onion Asparagus on the same page."
"Very simple & super delicious, not too sweet either. I used no added sugar peaches for less calories. This one is a definite keeper"
"This is one of our favorites! I was apprehensive about trying it at first but all of the flavors go wonderfully together!"
"This is one of my all time favorite meals. It's so easy to make but tastes awesome. I tend to use chickken thighs."
"This creative combination of flavors results in a surprisingly delicious dish! I am so in love with this recipe! -Lori in WI."
"I have made this for my boyfriend, roommates, family and friends. Every time it has been a total hit! So easy too!"
"My husband and I love this recipe. It is a great one to make for company. They always think I have spent hours fixing it!!"
"this is great my kids can't stop eating the fruit."
"I also used can pineapple in this recipe instead of the peaches"
"Very good - have tried it several times"