- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine sweet potatoes and onion. Sprinkle chicken with paprika, thyme, salt and cayenne; arrange over sweet potatoes. Top with preserves. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken and potatoes are tender.
- Remove chicken and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and vegetables. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Peachy Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
"Pretty good. Was a little bland. Missing something not sure what."
"I made this with 2 pounds of boneless chicken breasts. I used the low sugar preserves to cut back on the calories. I also used 3 sweet potatoes. The chicken was done in 5 hours, the potatoes were done in 4 hours. Next time I make this, I am going to start the chicken first and after an hour add the sweet potatoes. Made this for family, and everyone really enjoyed it. This recipe is a keeper."
"Have not made yet, but Five Stars is what the recipe sounds like to me. I have a question....Will it taste okay if I used boneless chicken breasts instead of thighs?"
"Delicious and easy to prepare. My grocery store didn't have boneless skinless chicken thighs, so I just bought regular ones and removed the skin/fat myself. This meal was really good. I will definitely make it again."
"Very good! If you like sweet potatoes add an extra one in, we could have used more. Love the sweet and savory combo."