Peachy Chicken with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1. In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine sweet potatoes and onion. Sprinkle chicken with paprika, thyme, salt and cayenne; arrange over sweet potatoes. Top with preserves. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken and potatoes are tender.
- 2. Remove chicken and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and vegetables. Yield: 4 servings.
2 chicken thighs with 1 cup sweet potato mixture and 1/2 cup sauce equals 619 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Reviews for Peachy Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
"Pretty good. Was a little bland. Missing something not sure what."
"I made this with 2 pounds of boneless chicken breasts. I used the low sugar preserves to cut back on the calories. I also used 3 sweet potatoes. The chicken was done in 5 hours, the potatoes were done in 4 hours. Next time I make this, I am going to start the chicken first and after an hour add the sweet potatoes. Made this for family, and everyone really enjoyed it. This recipe is a keeper."
"Have not made yet, but Five Stars is what the recipe sounds like to me. I have a question....Will it taste okay if I used boneless chicken breasts instead of thighs?"
"This was easy to make and very flavorful. My husband liked the chicken so well I may add more thighs next time I make it. The gravy from the juices was great over the chicken and potatoes. Will be making again and have recommended to family."
"Delicious and easy to prepare. My grocery store didn't have boneless skinless chicken thighs, so I just bought regular ones and removed the skin/fat myself. This meal was really good. I will definitely make it again."
"Very good! If you like sweet potatoes add an extra one in, we could have used more. Love the sweet and savory combo."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.