Peachy Chicken with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine sweet potatoes and onion. Sprinkle chicken with paprika, thyme, salt and cayenne; arrange over sweet potatoes. Top with preserves. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken and potatoes are tender.
- Remove chicken and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and vegetables. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Peachy Chicken with Sweet Potatoes(3)
Sort By :
This was easy to make and very flavorful. My husband liked the chicken so well I may add more thighs next time I make it. The gravy from the juices was great over the chicken and potatoes. Will be making again and have recommended to family.
Delicious and easy to prepare. My grocery store didn't have boneless skinless chicken thighs, so I just bought regular ones and removed the skin/fat myself. This meal was really good. I will definitely make it again.
Very good! If you like sweet potatoes add an extra one in, we could have used more. Love the sweet and savory combo.