Peachy Chicken Salad on Salad Greens
“This is a very healthy and simple salad to make; even my non-cooking husband can whip it together in minutes. We’ve served this to friends over the years, and they always ask for the recipe.” —Radelle Knappenberger, Oviedo, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 medium peaches, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Divide salad
- greens among four plates; top each with 1/2 cup chicken salad.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup chicken salad with 2 cups salad greens equals 277 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.