Peachy Cheese Danish Recipe
"I've prepared these rich sweet rolls for late-night snacks and for breakfast when we have guests, but they're a hit anytime," writes field editor Carolyn Kyzer from Alexander, Arkansas.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons peach preserves or flavor of your choice
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- 1. Separate dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into a 7-in. x 3-1/2-in. rectangle. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth; spread over rectangles. Roll up from a long side; pinch edges to seal. Holding one end, loosely coil each.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Top each coil with 2 teaspoons preserves. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack.
- 3. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over the tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 435 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 530 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC