"I've prepared these rich sweet rolls for late-night snacks and for breakfast when we have guests, but they're a hit anytime," writes field editor Carolyn Kyzer from Alexander, Arkansas.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons peach preserves or flavor of your choice
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- Separate dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into a 7-in. x 3-1/2-in. rectangle. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth; spread over rectangles. Roll up from a long side; pinch edges to seal. Holding one end, loosely coil each.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Top each coil with 2 teaspoons preserves. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over the tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Cheese Danish in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p61
Reviews for Peachy Cheese Danish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review