This microwavable side dish only requires only three simple ingredients.—Agnes Golian, Garfield Heights, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Place the carrots in a shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and
- microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Add preserves and butter; cover and microwave for 30-60 seconds or
- until melted. Stir to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with reduce-sugar preserves) equals 110 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.