Peachy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups peach preserves
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches on both sides. Return all to skillet. In a large bowl, combine the preserves, onion, barbecue sauce and soy sauce; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3. Add green peppers and water chestnuts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve immediately with rice; or cool chicken and transfer to a freezer container and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen chicken: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before reheating. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 514 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1115mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein .
Reviews for Peachy Barbecue Chicken
"Just made this tonight and it was delicious! Since there is only two of us, I halved the recipe. I didn't have water chestnuts but otherwise made the recipe as written. I will be making this again!"
"Delicious dinner! I served this over white rice with egg rolls on the side. Perfect blend of sweet and savory."
"I love this recipe: quick and easy and my whole family eats it!!! It is easy and quick, but looks great enough for company. A "go-to" recipe. Thank you!"
"I cut it down to servings for two and did it in the slow cooker on low for 4 1/2 hours. It was very good."
"Loved it! Rave reviews from my family. Will definitely do again."
"I cut out the step of adding flour to the chicken breast halves; also, the sauce I cut in half because it was alot considering this dish is only for 8 guests. It was very quick and easy!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer