Peachy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups peach preserves
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches on both sides. Return all to skillet. In a large bowl, combine the preserves, onion, barbecue sauce and soy sauce; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3. Add green peppers and water chestnuts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve immediately with rice; or cool chicken and transfer to a freezer container and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen chicken: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before reheating. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated without rice) equals 514 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,115 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Peachy Barbecue Chicken
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer