Peachy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups peach preserves
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches on both sides. Return all to skillet. In a large bowl, combine the preserves, onion, barbecue sauce and soy sauce; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3. Add green peppers and water chestnuts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve immediately with rice; or cool chicken and transfer to a freezer container and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen chicken: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before reheating. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 514 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1115mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Peachy Barbecue Chicken
"Just made this tonight and it was delicious! Since there is only two of us, I halved the recipe. I didn't have water chestnuts but otherwise made the recipe as written. I will be making this again!"
"Delicious dinner! I served this over white rice with egg rolls on the side. Perfect blend of sweet and savory."
"I cut it down to servings for two and did it in the slow cooker on low for 4 1/2 hours. It was very good."
"Loved it! Rave reviews from my family. Will definitely do again."