Peachy Banana Splits
THIS is a simple yet perfect ending to a meal for two on a summer's evening.
Whenever I make this dessert, I'm reminded of my childhood, when my favorite treat at the soda fountain was a huge banana split.
-Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 small firm bananas, halved lengthwise
- 2 scoops each vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream
- 4 maraschino cherries with stems
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown coconut in butter. Remove
- coconut with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add peaches, brown sugar
- and cinnamon to skillet; cook and stir over low heat for 8-10
- minutes or until heated through. Meanwhile, place bananas in two
- shallow bowls. Top with ice cream. Spoon peach sauce over ice
- cream; sprinkle with toasted coconut. Garnish with cherries. Yield:
- 2 servings.