"This bright and colorful salsa tastes so fresh, it's a welcome change from the store-bought varieties," says Shelly Platten of Amherst, Wisconsin. "It's wonderful served with tortilla chips. I usually make a double batch since my husband and our two children can't seem to get enough of it."
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons seeded chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, avocado and lime juice. Add the remaining ingredients; lightly toss just until combined. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips, fish or chicken. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Peachy Avocado Salsa in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p63
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Peachy Avocado Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review