Peachy Applesauce Salad Recipe
- 1 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free peach or mixed fruit gelatin
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 fresh peach, peeled and chopped
- 1. In a saucepan, bring soda to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add applesauce; chill until partially set. Fold in whipped topping, nutmeg and vanilla. Fold in peach. Chill until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 99 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Peachy Applesauce Salad
"Thank you for sharing your recipe. I'm also diabetic, and indeed appreciate/enjoy recipes like this, without the guilt."