Peachy Applesauce Salad Recipe
I've been revising many recipes and creating new ones since my husband developed diabetes a couple of years ago. Folks will enjoy this dish whether it's served as a salad or dessert.—Marcille Meyer, Battle Creek, Nebraska
- 1 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free peach or mixed fruit gelatin
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 fresh peach, peeled and chopped
- 1. In a saucepan, bring soda to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add applesauce; chill until partially set. Fold in whipped topping, nutmeg and vanilla. Fold in peach. Chill until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving equals 99 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC