I've been revising many recipes and creating new ones since my husband developed diabetes a couple of years ago. Folks will enjoy this dish whether it's served as a salad or dessert.—Marcille Meyer, Battle Creek, Nebraska
- 1 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free peach or mixed fruit gelatin
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 fresh peach, peeled and chopped
- In a saucepan, bring soda to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add applesauce; chill until partially set. Fold in whipped topping, nutmeg and vanilla. Fold in peach. Chill until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Applesauce Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p44
Reviews for Peachy Applesauce Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2009
"Thank you for sharing your recipe. I'm also diabetic, and indeed appreciate/enjoy recipes like this, without the guilt."