I've been revising many recipes and creating new ones since my husband developed diabetes a couple of years ago. Folks will enjoy this dish whether it's served as a salad or dessert.—Marcille Meyer, Battle Creek, Nebraska
- 1 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free peach or mixed fruit gelatin
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 fresh peach, peeled and chopped
- In a saucepan, bring soda to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add applesauce; chill until partially set. Fold in whipped topping, nutmeg and vanilla. Fold in peach. Chill until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Applesauce Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p44
Reviews for Peachy Applesauce Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2009
"Thank you for sharing your recipe. I'm also diabetic, and indeed appreciate/enjoy recipes like this, without the guilt."