Peaches with Lemon Cream
“This is a great treat from the grill," writes Carole R Fraser of North York, Ontario. "It’s easy to prepare and everyone will ask for seconds. My family looks forward to it all summer long!”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 medium peaches, halved
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the brown
- sugar, vanilla and lemon peel; beat until stiff peaks form. Cover
- and refrigerate until serving.
- Brush cut sides of peaches with oil; place cut side down on grill
- rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until
- peaches are tender and begin to caramelize.
- Place peaches on dessert plates; fill with lemon cream mixture.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 peach half with 4 teaspoons lemon cream equals 104 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.