Peaches with Lemon Cream Recipe
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 medium peaches, halved
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the brown sugar, vanilla and lemon peel; beat until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Brush cut sides of peaches with oil; place cut side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until peaches are tender and begin to caramelize.
- 3. Place peaches on dessert plates; fill with lemon cream mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 peach half with 4 teaspoons lemon cream equals 104 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.