“This is a great treat from the grill," writes Carole R Fraser of North York, Ontario. "It’s easy to prepare and everyone will ask for seconds. My family looks forward to it all summer long!”
Recommended: Our Favorite Summer Fruit Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 medium peaches, halved
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the brown sugar, vanilla and lemon peel; beat until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Brush cut sides of peaches with oil; place cut side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until peaches are tender and begin to caramelize.
- Place peaches on dessert plates; fill with lemon cream mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peaches with Lemon Cream in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008 , p14